Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Snapshot Post

-Sadly, the Eagles lost to the Cowboys on monday night. 

-I am also currently in find new music mode. This can be detrimental to my bank account (though it hasn't posed that problem just yet) and to my computer's memory. The problem: Music is all just too good.

-School and PAing are picking up some, and the grind of junior year has slowly started to dawn upon me. I can foresee many, many sleepless nights. 

-Bethany and I still are not talking, which is hard. I'm still dealing with a lot of the emotion of the entire situation. Basically, its a day to day process. We'll see what happens.

-The Phubbbbbbbs and I went to Noblesville yesterday on a man-date. We talked a lot about the changes and improvements that we can help catch hold in our dorm and in our lives. I really respect him for the strong moral and ethical convictions that he has. It makes me proud of him as a brother in christ and as a friend. We also pretended that we like sports. (example: the first bullet point of this post)

-I heard one of the biggest lineman on the football team here at Taylor squeal like a little girl... at a breath mint. He thought it was a bug. It was unbelievable.

-This past monday night, the ethiopia mission trip team met together and delegated out some tasks. I was appointed to be in the worship group, and I got to lead the team in a song of worship. We sang "you must increase"; my favorite worship song; and I think it had a good effect on the team. As we prepare to head to Yetebon, please be praying for us to have Jesus completely as our focus. We want him to increase and for us to decrease.

-I just read through the entire book of Judges. It is one of the craziest things I have ever read, and i've read a lot of crazy stuff! Basically, the entire old testament is insane. I am fairly amazed at the stubbornness of the Israelites, but then i remember how i continually sin... Sigh, God has a funny way of being ironic...

-The final book in the inheritance trilogy (by Christopher Paolini) comes out this weekend! Eragon, Eldest, and now Brisingr will complete the trilogy and finish a huge endeavor that Paolini started when he was just 16. Lets just hope that if Eldest and Brisingr are turned into movies, they are better than Eragon was...

-A fellow friend on my floor (Steven Stevens) and I have decided and vowed to grow our beards out for a year. Sorry Momma! This doesn't mean that I can't trim the thing and make it look nice, but a promise is a promise... Pictures will probably be posted weekly starting very soon. 

Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I promise this is the last time I distract myself this evening by commenting, but...
re: discover new music mode.
Have you ever used eMusic? Legal DRM-free tunes, and they give you a free trial. After my trial ended, they said, "hey, pay for one month, and we'll give you 75 more songs on top of that!" Which was pretty sweet. So...recommendations: Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes has a pretty great solo album that just came out. I've never given Bright Eyes the time of day, but I like this one a lot. Los Campesinos! are goofy and pretty good. Santogold's also nice. Tokyo Police Club. Spoon. What about new old music? Elvis Costello's This Year's Model...